10 Health benefits of dark chocolate
Who doesn't love chocolate? For years, we've been trying to avoid it, thinking it was the reason we were gaining weight. But it turns out that chocolate has some great benefits on our health. Here are 10 of them!
1. Dark chocolate is very nutritious and rich in minerals: it contains fibers, iron, magnesium, copper, manganese, potassium, phosphorus, zinc and selenium
2. It is a great source of anti-oxidants
3. Dark chocolate improves your blood flow and lowers your blood pressure, reducing the risk of stroke and other heart diseases.
4. The dark chocolate is good for your skin, protecting it against sun damage.
5. Dark chocolate is great for your brain, reducing memory loss.
6. It also reduces cholesterol
7. And even helps you lose weight, if you melt a square of chocolate on your tongue, before and after every meal.
8. Dark chocolate is great for mothers and babies, because it reduces stress.
9. It makes you happy
10. And as crazy as it may sound, it seems that the high amount of cocoa in the dark chocolate might prevent diabetes!